What's new
DiscussionHQ - General Discussions

DiscussionHQ is a general discussion forum that has opened December 2024!
We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Toothache

I got rid of ‘em.

That said, when I did have toothaches, I used a mixture of fairly hot water and epsom salts.
I would take a mouthful of the mixture and hold it until the water cooled, spit it out and then do it again and again for about 10 minutes.
It helps reduce the swelling and can actually dry up an abscess.
And…..by all means, see a dentist so the infection doesn’t spread.

Just a note: One thing a person should NOT do is use ice.
 
My Mama used to tie a string around a problematic tooth, and the other end to a door knob. She would sit me down in a chair facing the door and tell me not to move. Then as she left the room she would slam the door... Problem solved. No more toothache.
 
I haven't had toothache in a very long time if but it is the worst pain for sure.

I tend to take paracetamol and use salt water rinse when I get toothache and when I know it's bad, I then choose to see a dentist.
 
I had a snapped bottom wisdom tooth which I am waiting on getting removed.
I had an abcess in it 2-3 weeks ago and the pain was horrible, I took tablets and it went.

I am still getting bit of niggly tooth ache here and there but it's manageable I am expecting it to come back before I get an appointment to get the tooth out.
The dentist have said I can go private but it will cost £450 for just the one tooth out.. I said no thanks I am the NHS in England which is FREE healthcare.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top