What's new
DiscussionHQ - General Discussions

DiscussionHQ is a general discussion forum that has opened December 2024!
We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

That's the Way It Crumbles, Cookie-Wise

Another missed deadline on the bathroom remodel. Putting things in writing didn't work this time. :( I may list my excuses in another post later.

The baseboards are trimmed. The planks are in the shower, but it needed molding with SIX 3-way corners. Below is a rare photo of a mitered 3-way corner. :rolleyes: Only experts have successfully made one.

1791007230610.png

I could get lucky, with enough tries, and make a decent corner, but six? So I invented an alternative using a square vertical.

1791007254346.png

Mostly what's left is painting. Just the door, and the bottom third of the walls. I don't have the paint and there is a home football game today, but there's plenty of prep work to be done. No more deadlines in writing for this project.
 
Another missed deadline on the bathroom remodel. Putting things in writing didn't work this time. :( I may list my excuses in another post later.

The baseboards are trimmed. The planks are in the shower, but it needed molding with SIX 3-way corners. Below is a rare photo of a mitered 3-way corner. :rolleyes: Only experts have successfully made one.

View attachment 2025

I could get lucky, with enough tries, and make a decent corner, but six? So I invented an alternative using a square vertical.

View attachment 2026

Mostly what's left is painting. Just the door, and the bottom third of the walls. I don't have the paint and there is a home football game today, but there's plenty of prep work to be done. No more deadlines in writing for this project.
Don't paint yourself into a corner!:)
 
(10/5/26) Annual Wellness Exam

Flu shot. Doc says get the RSV shot. She thinks no broken ribs from the stepstool incident.

Normally when doctors look in your throat, they say "Open wide." This time she said, "Yawn," so I pretended to yawn. She said "Your uvula is gone." :ROFLMAO: "Did you have it removed when your tonsils were removed?" I never had my tonsils removed. They just gradually disappeared. "Tonsils don't just disappear, you had them removed, but you just forgot." 🤬

How could I forget the day the decision was made NOT to have my tonsils removed. So many of my classmates were falling victim to the dreaded tonsillectomies. :eek: In spite of doctor's recommendation, my parents said they would wait a little longer and see, and that was the end of it. Yes!!!

First thing I get home I grab a mirror and flashlight. Could the uvula shrink and disappear just like tonsils? If I open wide there is a uvula. If I yawn it hides somewhere up in the top of my throat. I guess I have a very resourceful uvula.

Hallelujah!

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top