What's new
DiscussionHQ - General Discussions

DiscussionHQ is a general discussion forum that has opened December 2024!
We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Ended up firing two employees this week

Danielle M

Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2026
Messages
10
Ended up firing two employees this, this was at my beef and pork farm. These two have been stressing me out and my foreman there he seen them do illegal drug use which he could smell the odor from one of them in the dump truck. Like to come in late and disrespect my wife too. I was working on a car at my auto repair shop when the foreman called me catching them coming in late caught both smoking Marijuana in the act. I came over and was not too happy at all. Looked at them and said they were fired. I had enough of it, they put me in the ER last year having 2 stents put in and one was from stress from them that caused it
 
Good on you for firing them.. I actually hate the smell of cannabis... also whilst using drugs is a really bad thing for your company.
I hope your feeling better from when they attacked you. ☺️
It is and heart doctor said the stress they put me through was bad
 
Ended up firing two employees this, this was at my beef and pork farm. These two have been stressing me out and my foreman there he seen them do illegal drug use which he could smell the odor from one of them in the dump truck. Like to come in late and disrespect my wife too. I was working on a car at my auto repair shop when the foreman called me catching them coming in late caught both smoking Marijuana in the act. I came over and was not too happy at all. Looked at them and said they were fired. I had enough of it, they put me in the ER last year having 2 stents put in and one was from stress from them that caused it
So many states have made marijuana legal now, you must live in one of the states that has not legalized it yet , it sounds like, @Danielle M ? In any case, even if it were in a state where it is legal, they should not ever be smoking it on the job, no different than being drunk on the job.
Hopefully, you will be able to replace them with better workers for your ranch.
 
Not good at all, hopefully you have a better working place now. :)
It is and no more problems
So many states have made marijuana legal now, you must live in one of the states that has not legalized it yet , it sounds like, @Danielle M ? In any case, even if it were in a state where it is legal, they should not ever be smoking it on the job, no different than being drunk on the job.
Hopefully, you will be able to replace them with better workers for your ranch.
Legal here for the recreational and medical use. I have 3 new guys coming Monday and they are good help.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top